Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Engaging Classroom Activities

During the last two days of class I have really enjoyed the activities we have done. Getting up and moving during a four hour long class really makes a difference in my ability to learn. I can see myself applying this to my future classroom because, although I won't be teaching four hour long classes, my students will not have an attention span as long as a college student's. By having my students move around during class, physically doing the learning, I believe it engages their brains in different ways than doing worksheets or listening to a lecture. It is also a way to help better teach kinesthetic learns in my classroom. Projects such as the Spilt Milk book, the I Spy book and the Rosie's Walk book activities really give students the ability to bring creativity into their work.

2 comments:

  1. I love doing activities like this! I wish all our classes for teaching would have been like this. I agree, activities like the ones we do in class are the activities that engage students and get them excited about learning. It even makes me excited about learning! =)

    I hope we learn more fun activities today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think when using technology it is important to be as hands-on as possible. We need to try the activities to see what students would do and think about as they complete the same of of things. We'll keep brainstorming the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete